Hi! Come on in and kick off your shoes. Grab a cup of coffee or a glass of wine and relax on the couch. Excuse the mess of toys and laundry. I’m glad you’re here!
Thanks for stopping by to check out some of our stories. I absolutely love to write but I don’t think I’ll ever feel like a writer. I’ve been blogging for about six years and it’s only been in the last six months that I’ve been brave enough to submit posts to other websites. You can find my stories on Scary Mommy, The Mighty, The Huffington Post, The Glorious Table and the Atlanta Area Moms Blog. I still can’t believe these fabulous editors agreed to share my words, but I am not going to argue with them!
If you are just making your way here, I’d love to get to know you better. Here are a few random facts about me and I’d love for you to share a random fact about you!
- The very first time I saw my husband from across the room, I told my roommate that I was going to marry him and have his babies.
- All three of our children were born on minor holidays. We have birthdays on Flag Day, Groundhog Day, and May Day.
- I’ve never seen a single Star Wars movie. Not because of any particular reason. I just never had the chance and I keep forgetting to fix that.
- The ultrasound tech was wrong about our first baby. We planned everything for a girl and it wasn’t until the poor kid was five minutes old that someone finally got tired of hearing, “She’s here!” and yelled at us, “This is NOT a girl!” The sweet nurses brought him back from the nursery dressed in a cute, manly outfit they’d bought from the gift shop. They most likely saved him from a lifetime of being teased by his sisters for his pretty pink butterfly outfit.
- I’m terrified of airplanes and snakes. So Snakes on a Plane kinda felt like a personal attack and I was pretty mad at whoever came up with that movie. I have yet to torture myself by watching it.
If you’re interested in reading more of my posts, here are a few of my favorites to get you started:
- How We Told Our Son About His Autism was featured on The Mighty, The Huffington Post, and Hello, Dearest. It’s the story of how a moment that I had kinda dreaded turned out to be one of my very favorite life moments.
- Community Is the Best Gift We Can Give Ourselves was featured on The Huffington Post. I am passionate about building community and encouraging women. In this post, I share about my experience with MOPS International and how I almost refused to go back but am so glad I did.
- Roller Coaster is the story of one of the biggest tests of faith I’ve ever had in my life. It started with two very unexpected little pink lines and a crushing ER visit. There was week of grief and then outrageous hope. Spoiler: there’s a happy ending.
- The Biggest Lie Women Believe was the most read post of last year. Do you ever feel like you’re not enough? You’re definitely not alone! What would our lives look like if we stopped believing we didn’t measure up?
To learn more about our wild bunch, you can visit the About Ashley page. I’d also love to connect with you on social media. You can click on these links and find me on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Pinterest.
Thank you so much for stopping by. Please come back soon!